Thursday 23 May 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1957 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Francis Rocard: French astrophysicist, responsible since 1989 for programs involving the exploration of the solar system at the National Centre for Space Studies (CNES).
- Mark Arnold: American actor.
- Craig Brown: English journalist and critic.
- Jimmy McShane: Irish frontman of the group Baltimora (Born 1957).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?