Monday 23 May 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
Pollyanna, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1960!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1960 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Georges Claude: French chemist and engineer invented Neon lighting (d. 1960).
- Got A Girl by The Four Preps hits #24
- WGTV TV channel 8 in Athens-Atlanta, Georgia (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WKBM TV (now WLII) channel 11 in Caguas / San Juan, PR 1st broadcast
- WRCA radio changes call letters back to WNBC (NYC)
- Israel announces capture of German Adolf Eichmann in Argentina.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?