Tuesday 23 May 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Romine and Dave Babych in Edmonton.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mother-In-Law by Ernie K-Doe.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
A Raisin in the Sun, directed by Daniel Petrie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hancock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1961!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1961 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
- Ricky Nelson - Hello Mary Lou
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?