Thursday 23 May 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The List of Adrian Messenger, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1963!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1963 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Wally Dallenbach Jr: American race car driver and announcer.
- Gregg Hughes: American radio personality (The Opie and Anthony Show).
- Wally Dallenbach: American race car driver and sportscaster.
- NBC purchases 1963 AFL championship game TV rights for US$926,000.
- Fidel Castro visits the Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Ray Charles - Take These Chains From My Heart
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Sam Cooke - Another Saturday Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?