Thursday 23 May 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1968 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Tiffany Rochelle-Anderson in Laguna Beach: California, USA; WPVA volleyball player (Nationals-13th-1995).
- Daryl Hobbs: NFL wide receiver (Oakland Raiders).
- Vince Ebert: German cabaret artist, comedian and author.
- David Retik: American Communications executive, killed aboard American Airlines flight 11 that struck the World Trade Center on 9/11/2001.
- Philippe Verdier: French TV presenter (weather) and meteo manager on the national channel France 2, described as climato skeptical after having published a book "Climat(e) Investigation" in October 2015.
- Guinevere Turner: American actress and screenwriter
- Beatles open 2nd Apple Boutique at 161 New Kings Road, London
- AC Milan wins 8th Europe Cup II in Rotterdam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- Stevie Wonder - Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?