Sunday 23 May 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Issac Booth and Joseph Rogers.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1971 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Issac Booth: NFL cornerback / safety (Cleveland Browns).
- Joseph Rogers: Canadian Football League receiver (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Marshall Boze in San Manual: Arizona, USA; pitcher (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Nicolas Ancion: Belgian writer.
- George Osborne: British Chancellor of the Exchequer.
- Laurel Holloman: American actress
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Suzuki Golf Internationalionale.
- Rock group Iron Butterfly disbands.
- An air crash at Rijeka Airport, Yugoslavia kills 78 people, mostly British tourists.
- Austria and the People's Republic of China establish diplomatic relations.
- Qantas agrees to pay $500,000 to bomb hoaxer-extortionist Mr. Brown (Peter Macari), who is later arrested.
- Six armed passengers hijack a Romanian passenger plane and force it to fly to Vienna.
- Christie's auctions a diamond known as Deepdene it is later found to be artificially colored.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Bread - If
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?