Tuesday 23 May 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
X-Men: The Last Stand, directed by Brett Ratner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 2006!
Which were the important events of 23 May 2006 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Alaskan stratovolcano Mount Cleveland erupts.
- A voice purporting to be that of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden says on an audiotape that Zacarias Moussaoui had no link to the September 11, 2001 attacks. (Washington Post)
- Mobs of angry garment workers set fire to seven fabric factories in Bangladesh in response to the announced death of Rana, a workers' rights leader. 100 people were injured amidst clashes between police and firefighters and protesters. Workers are forced to work overtime and seven days a week. (San Diego)
- Greek and Turkish military F-16 jets collide above Karpathos whilst intercepting each other in the disputed airspace above the southern Aegean Sea. (Reuters)
- Israel captures Hamas leader Ibrahim Hamed in a Ramallah raid. (BBC)
- President of Mexico Vicente Fox begins a tour of the United States in Salt Lake City.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?