Tuesday 23 November 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1920 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Pierre Macaigne: French writer, a journalist at "Figaro" and literary columnist for "Républicain lorrain" (1978-1990).
- Paul Celan: Romanian-French poet and translator (d. 1970).
- Jean Gourmelin: French designer who expressed himself most often using pen and ink but also in printmaking, painting and sculpture.
- Wayne Thiebaud: American painter.
- Chalmers P Wylie: (Rep-R-Ohio, 1967- ).
- Herman Nieland: Dutch Organist / pianist / composer (Te Deum Laudamus)
- Paul Celan [Antschell]: German / Romanian poet (Collected Prose)
- Mohammed ibn Addoellah: Somalian resistances leader "Mad Molla".
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'd Love to Fall Asleep and Wake up in My Mammy's Arms - Peerless Quartet
- My Little Bimbo Down on the Bimbo Isle - Frank Crumit
- Cuban Moon - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Save a Little Dram for Me - Bert Williams
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 November 1920 and get them!