Friday 23 November 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1945 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Assaf Dayan: Israel -- Actor (Operation Thunderbolt).
- Steve Landesberg in Bronx: New York, USA; comedian/actor (Barney Miller).
- Assi Dayan: Israeli film director, actor, screenwriter and producer.
- Dennis Nilsen: English homicide: a former cop and government clerk who murdered and dismembered 15 young men between 1978 and 1983.
- Jim Doyle: American lawyer and politician 44th Governor of Wisconsin.
- Keith Hampshire: English-Canadian singer-songwriter and radio host
- Jerry Harris: American sculptor
- Tony Pond: English race car driver (d. 2002)
- Most US wartime rationing of foods, including meat and butter, ends
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?