Saturday 23 November 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby L Rush and Hans Hoekman.
Undercurrent, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Pinwright's Progress.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1946 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bobby L Rush: (Rep-D-Illinois).
- Hans Hoekman: Dutch radio play actor.
- Giorgos Koudas: Greek footballer and manager.
- Diana Quick: London, England -- Actress (Brideshead, Big Sleep, Odd Job).
- Bobby Rush: American soldier and politician.
- Fawzi Husseini: Arabic High Director for Palestine, murdered.
- Gypsy Lady closes at Century Theater NYC after 79 performances
- 34th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Argonauts defeats Winn Blue Bombers, 28-6
- French Navy fire in Hai Phong, Viet Nam, kills 6,000 civilians.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 November 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's All Over Now - Peggy Lee
- Hoagy Carmichael - Huggin' and Chalkin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?