Sunday 23 November 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffery Michael Roberts and Jean-Pierre Foucault.
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Mary Kay and Johnny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1947 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Geoffery Michael Roberts: Vintner.
- Jean-Pierre Foucault: French TV host and presenter, born to a jewish Polish mother, widely known for presenting the French version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" in the 2000's, "Sacrée Soirée" in the 80 and 90's, "I am a celebrity, get me out of here" in 2006, and "The Farm" in 2008 (with Christophe Dechavanne).
- French government of Schumann, forms
- Washington Redskins' Sammy Baugh passes for six touchdowns versus Chicago Cardinals (45-21).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 November 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Ray McKinley & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?