Tuesday 23 November 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Time I Saw Paris, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1954 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Ferry Hoogendijk: Dutch editor in chief (Elsevier Magazine).
- Ken Schrom: Baseball player.
- Philippe Petit: French jazz guitarist and composer.
- Bruce Hornsby: American musician, a noted jazz pianist.
- Pete Allen: English clarinet player and saxophonist.
- Ross Brawn: English motorsport engineer and F1 team owner
- Glenn Brummer: American baseball player
- Aavo Pikkuus: Estonian cyclist
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes for the first time above the peak it reached just before the 1929 crash.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rises 3.27 points, or 0.86%, closing at an all-time high of 382.74. More significantly, this is the first time the Dow has surpassed its 1929 peak level reached just before that year's crash.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 November 1954 and get them!