Monday 23 November 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Travellin' Light by Cliff Richard & The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Ben-Hur, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1959 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Brook Jacoby: Baseball player.
- Maxwell Caulfield: British actor.
- Dominique Dunne: Actress (Poltergeist), murdered by boyfriend at 23.
- Fiorello! opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 796 performances
- General Charles de Gaulle, President of France, declares in a speech in Strasbourg his vision for a ''Europe, ''from the Atlantic to the Urals.''
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Ernie Fields - In The Mood
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?