Wednesday 23 November 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Stay by Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Big Deal on Madonna Street, directed by Mario Monicelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1960 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Jean-François Zygel: French pianist improviser, composer and teacher of writing and improvisation at the Paris Conservatoire.
- Robin Roberts: American television broadcaster.
- Dodgers outfielder Frank Howard is voted NL Rookie of Year
- Tinseltown dedicated its Walk of Fame at Hollywood Blvd and Vine St
- Tiros 2, a weather satellite is launched.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?