Tuesday 23 November 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Theme From Shaft by Isaac Hayes.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Man in the Wilderness, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1971!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1971 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Khalid Al-Muwallid: Saudi footballer.
- Khaled Al-Muwallid: Saudi Arabian footballer.
- Lisa Arch: American actress.
- Sajid Khan: Indian actor and singer.
- Ashraf Amaya: American basketball player, a forward.
- Vin Baker: American basketball player, a forward for the Seattle Supersonics.
- Jim Pyne: American football player, a center for the Detroit Lions. Pyne was originally signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on 7/14/1994 after being picked in the seventh round of the NFL draft. He broke his leg while playing for the Bucs on 12/17/1996; the injury prevented him playing for the remainder of the season. Not too long after injuring his leg, Pyne was signed by the Lions on 2/21/1998. As a player at Virginia Tech. in 1993, he was named to "The Sporting News'" college All-America first team.
- Lesley Fera: TV Actress
- Chris Hardwick: Comedian
- Danny Murtaugh, manager of world champ Pirates, announces retirement
- Representatives of the People's Republic of China attend the United Nations, including the United Nations Security Council, for the first time.
- During a severe thunderstorm over Washington, a man calling himself D. B. Cooper parachutes from the Northwest Orient Airlines plane he hijacked, with US$200,000 in ransom money, and is never seen again (as of March 2008, this case remains the only unsolved skyjacking in history).
- A Brussels court sentences pretender Alexis Brimeyer to 18 months in jail for falsely using a noble title Brimeyer has already fled to Greece.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?