Monday 23 November 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Ragtime, directed by Milos Forman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1981!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1981 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 November
- US President Ronald Reagan signs the top secret National Security Decision Directive 17 (NSDD-17), giving the Central Intelligence Agency the authority to recruit and support Contra rebels in Nicaragua.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Commodores - Oh No
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Bob Seger - Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?