Thursday 23 November 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 23 November 2006 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 November
- A series of bombing kills at least 215 people and injured 257 others in Sadr City, making it the second deadliest sectarian attack since the beginning of the Iraq War in 2003.
- A series of car bombs and mortar attacks in Sadr City, Baghdad, kill at least 215 people and injure 257 other people.
- Lech Kaczyński, the President of Poland, announces three days of national mourning for the twenty-three victims of the mining disaster at the Halemba mine in Ruda Śląska, Poland. (Stuff New Zealand)
- Somali Civil War: Ethiopia has made preparations for a conflict with the Islamic Courts Union, whom control much of southern Somalia, Prime Minister Meles Zenawi has told MPs. (BBC)
- Hamas claims responsibility for a suicide bombing attack in which a 57 year old grandmother killed herself. She also admits to the use of women as human shields in order to save militant gunmen, (Breitbart)
- Dick Cheney, Vice-President of the United States, is reported to have arrived in Iraq to spend Thanksgiving with US forces, though this is denied by his spokesperson. (BBC)
- Don Brash resigns as leader of the opposition New Zealand National Party, saying ongoing speculation about his leadership is damaging to the party. (NZ Herald)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?