Monday 23 November 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Tempted by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adam's Venture or Boom Blox Bash Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 23 November 2009 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 November
- Juzefas Jurgelevicius: Lithuanian footballer (Born 1947).
- The Maguindanao massacre occurs in Ampatuan, Maguindanao, Mindanao, Philippines
- The first atom collisions have taken place in the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, near Geneva, Switzerland. (BBC News)
- A second fire at an arms depot plant in Ulyanovsk, Russia, kills at least eight people, 10 days after a previous explosion at the same site. (Al Jazeera)
- India's main opposition BJP party condemns a leaked Liberhan Commission report that implicated opposition figures in the destruction of the Babri Mosque in 1992 by Hindu nationalists. (BBC)
- Voters in the Northern Mariana Islands participate in the Commonwealth's first ever gubernatorial runoff election between Governor Benigno Fitial and challenger Heinz Hofschneider. Hofschneider had bested Fitial in the first round by just 8 votes on November 7, the closest gubernatorial election in history. (''Saipan Tribune'')
- The war crimes trial of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia hears its final arguments. (Al Jazeera)
- Clashes break out between refugees from Sri Lanka and Afghanistan at an Australian immigration centre on Christmas Island. (ABC News)
- Flooding in Great Britain and Ireland
- Residents in Cockermouth, Cumbria, begin returning to their homes meanwhile, the search resumes for a missing woman swept away near Brecon, Powys. (BBC)
- Taoiseach Brian Cowen visits Ireland's worst hit areas in the recent flooding. (RTÉ)
- Relatives protest about the recent mine disaster in China. (Reuters)
- Chinese human rights activist Huang Qi, who campaigned for the parents of the children killed in schools in the 2008 Sichuan earthquake, is sentenced to three years in prison for ampquotillegally holding state secretsampquot. (AFP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?