Wednesday 23 November 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 23 November 2011 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 November
- Egypt protests: Violent anti-regime protests enter their fifth day in Cairo's Tahrir Square, with 35 people killed and over 3,200 injured to date in clashes between protesters and security forces. (CNN)
- Six people, including three children, are killed in an air crash in the Superstition Mountains in the U.S. state of Arizona. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United States announces that it will stop observing the 1990 Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe. The decision comes four years after Russia withdrew compliance from the treaty. (Spacewar)
- In a warning to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to step down, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan calls al-Assad's ongoing crackdown on protests cowardice, comparing al-Assad to past dictators such as Adolf Hitler and Muammar Gaddafi. (CNN)
- The European Space Agency claims to have made contact with Russia's stranded Fobos-Grunt probe, two days after the closure of the spacecraft's window for launch to Mars. (Discovery.com)
- Uzbek midfielder Server Djeparov is named Asian Footballer of the Year for the second time, in a ceremony held at the Asian Football Confederation headquarters. (Goal.com)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?