Monday 23 October 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Giovanna la pallida, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1911 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Albert Littolff: French fighter pilot in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Jean-Louis Murat: Toulouse EXecutives.
- Jack Keller: American songwriter (Born 1936).
- First use of aircraft in war: An Italian pilot takes off from Libya to observe Turkish army lines during the Turco-Italian War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Woodman, Woodman, Spare That Tree - Bob Roberts
- Gems from Madame Sherry - Victor Light Opera Co.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 October 1911 and get them!