Saturday 23 October 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Man Who Couldn't Beat God, directed by Maurice Costello, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1915 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Salvatore Fiume: Italian major contemporary artist and painter.
- W G Grace: English cricketer (Born 1848).
- 1st national horseshoe throwing championship (Kellerton, Iowa)
- 25,000 women march in New York City, demanding right to vote.
- Woman's suffrage: In New York City, 25,000-33,000 women march on Fifth Avenue to advocate their right to vote.
- WWI: Torpedoing of the armored cruiser SMS ''Prinz Adalbert'' results in only three men being rescued from a crew of 675, the greatest single loss of life for the German Imperial Navy in the Baltic Sea during the War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Serenata - John McCormack
- Those Charlie Chaplin Feet - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 October 1915 and get them!