Saturday 23 October 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lucas Dam and Bob Montana.
Der Verächter des Todes, directed by Harry Piel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1920 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Lucas Dam: Dutch boxer.
- Bob Montana: American cartoonist and creator of the syndicated comic strip, "Archie," from 1942.
- Frank Rizzo: American politician.
- Lucas Van Dam: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Charles Virebayre: Florac Journalist.
- Ted Fujita: Japanese-American meteorologist and academic (d. 1998)
- Chicago grand jury indicts Abe Attell, Hal Chase, and Bill Burns as go-betweens in Black Sox World Series scandal
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Old Pal, Why Don't You Answer Me? - Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?