Sunday 23 October 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Kienholz and Leszek Kolakowski.
When Boys Leave Home, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1927 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Edward Kienholz: US sculptor (Roxy).
- Leszek Kolakowski: Polish philosopher (Conversations with the Devil).
- Leszek Ko?akowski: Polish philosopher (d. 2009).
- David Grainger: American electrical engineer and CEO in charge of W.W.
- Barron Hilton: American executive and CEO of Hilton Hotels, a family owned, operated and noted hotel chain.
- Philip Lamantia: American beatnik poet, he was the first to read at the "Six Gallery" poetry reading on 7 October 1955 in San Francisco, where he read the works of his recently deceased friend, John Hoffman.
- Donald Moritz: American legal business administrator and CEO of Equitable Resources, a natural gas company that is improving the use of natural gas in automobiles. Moritz has a BS in Business and an LLB degree and enjoys working crossword puzzles for leisure.
- Jacques Louni: France sport Champion
- Sonny Criss: American saxophonist and composer (d. 1977)
- Dezső Gyarmati: Hungarian water polo player and coach (d. 2013)
- Leszek Kołakowski: Polish-English historian and philosopher (d. 2009)
- Town of Netanya Israel founded by Nathan Strauss
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 October 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?