Tuesday 23 October 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Tanev and Bella Darvi [Bayla Wegier].
Gösta Berlings saga, directed by Mauritz Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1928 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Alexander Tanev: Composer.
- Bella Darvi [Bayla Wegier]: Sosnowiec, Poland -- Actress (Racers).
- Patrick Peter Sacco: Composer.
- Harold P Warren: American movie director (d. 1985).
- Jennie Lee: American exotic dancer and stripper known for having "the biggest bust in town.
- Bella Darvi: Actress (Racers), commits suicide at 42
- F A Alphonse Aulard: French historian.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Where'd You Get Those Eyes? - Vaughn De Leath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?