Wednesday 23 October 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
North West Mounted Police, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1940 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Jordan Christopher in Youngston: Ohio, USA; actor (Return of the Seven).
- Pele : Brazilian footballer.
- Baby Jane Holzer: American art collector, film producer and Andy Warhol ''superstar''.
- Freddie Marsden: Liverpool, England -- Rock drummer (Gerry & The Pacemakers).
- Pelé : Brazilian footballer and actor.
- Raymond Soubie: French administrator, the former social affairs advisor to former French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Ellie Greenwich: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Raindrops) (d. 2009)
- Jane Holzer: American model actress producer and art collector
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ferry Boat Serenade - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?