Saturday 23 October 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alida Chelli and Charles Lambert.
Guadalcanal Diary, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1943 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Alida Chelli: Italian actress, singer, and TV-hostess, mainly known for her appearances in stage musicals.
- Charles Lambert: French architect and urban planner.
- Václav Neckář: Czech singer and actor.
- Wakashima Gonshiro: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 21st Yokozuna (Born 1876).
- 1st Jewish transport out of Rome reaches camp Birkenau
- Burma railway opens
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?