Wednesday 23 October 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gerda Lenten-Havertong and Miklos Nemeth.
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Variety on View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1946 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Gerda Lenten-Havertong: Suriname -- Dutch singer / actress (Sesame St).
- Miklos Nemeth: Hungary -- Javelin thrower (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Mel Martinez: American politician.
- Graeme Barker: English archaeologist and academic.
- Mel Martínez: American lawyer and politician 12th United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
- Miklós Németh: Hungarian javelin thrower
- UN General Assembly 2nd session convenes (1st NYC-Flushing Meadows)
- United Nations General Assembly second session convenes in Flushing Meadows, New York, USA.
- The United Nations General Assembly convenes for the first time, at an auditorium in Flushing, Queens, New York City.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 October 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Andrews Sisters & Les Paul - Rumors Are Flying
- The Whole World Is Singing My Song - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Passe' - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?