Thursday 23 October 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1947 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Kazimierz Deyna: Polish footballer (d. 1989).
- Max Guazzini: French entrepreneur and until June 2011 the president of the Stade Français rugby union club of Paris, who compete in the top division of rugby union in France, the Top 14.
- Husband and wife Dr Carl Cori and Dr Gerty Cori are 1st spouses to be awarded joint Nobel Prizes
- NAACP petition on racism, "An Appeal to the World" presented to United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Lady from 29 Palms - Andrews Sisters
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Jack Smith
- An Apple Blossom Wedding - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?