Saturday 23 October 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1948 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Hermann Hauser: Austrian-English businessman co-founded Acorn Computers and Olivetti Research Laboratory.
- Gerry Robinson: Irish businessman.
- Brian Ross: American journalist.
- Eugeniusz Morawsky-Dabrowa: Composer, dies at 71.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - On a Slow Boat to China
- One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart) - Jimmy Wakely
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?