Monday 23 October 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1950 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Harry Sacksioni: Dutch guitarist (Around the Corner).
- Maths Sundqvist: Swedish businessman (d. 2012).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You) - Ray Anthony
- Perry Como & Betty Hutton - A Bushel and a Peck
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?