Thursday 23 October 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1952 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Ueli Bichsel: Swiss actor, clown, circus director, social worker.
- Pierre Moerlen: French drummer and percussionist (d. 2005).
- Ken Tipton: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- John Poff: American baseball player, a left-handed outfielder who played with the Philadelphia Phillies (1979) and Milwaukee Brewers (1980).
- Susan Peters: Spokane, Washington -- Actress (Random Harvest, Young Ideas).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 October 1952 and get them!