Saturday 23 October 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1954 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Ang Lee: Director (Ice Storm, Wedding Banquet, Sense & Sensibility).
- Henri Zagwijn: Composer, dies at 76.
- Britain, England, France and the USSR agree to end occupation of Germany
- German FR joins NATO
- Pakistan Governor-General Ghoelan Mohammed disbands parliament
- WSAU TV channel 7 in Wausau, WI (CBS) begins broadcasting
- USA, Great Britain, France, and USSR agree to end occupation of Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 October 1954 and get them!