Monday 23 October 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Boot Hill, directed by Giuseppe Colizzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1972 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Daryl Price: Defensive end (San Francisco 49ers).
- Patrise Alexander: Linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Jasmin St Claire: Former pornographic actress.
- David Hotyat: French murderer of Xavier Flactif and his family (for financial debt) in 2003.
- Kate del Castillo: Movie Actress.
- Tiffeny Milbrett: Portland, Oregon -- Soccer forward (1996 Olympics)
- Bryan Pratt: American lawyer and politician
- Jasmin Claire: Virgin Islander porn actress and director
- Jimmy Wayne: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Pippin opens at Imperial Theater NYC for 1944 performances
- Access credit cards introduced in Great Britain
- WNJS TV channel 23 in Camden, New Jersey (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Operation Linebacker, a US bombing campaign against North Vietnam in response to its Easter Offensive, ends after five months.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Danny O'Keefe - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?