Tuesday 23 October 1984
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Garcia and Izabel Goulart.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Body Double, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Fourth Protocol by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Big Deal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing River Patrol or 3-D Bomberman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1984!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1984 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Martin Garcia: Mexican-American jockey.
- Izabel Goulart: Brazilian-American model and actress.
- Simone Masini: Italian footballer.
- Keiren Westwood: English footballer.
- Jeffrey Hoogervorst: Dutch footballer.
- Cubs Rick Sutcliffe, selected as a unanimous choice as NL Cy Young
- STS 51-A launch vehicle moves to launch pad
- NBC airs BBC footage of Ethiopian famine.
- The world learns from moving BBC News TV reports that a famine is plaguing Ethiopia, where thousands of people have already died of starvation due to a famine and as many as 10,000,000 more lives are at risk.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 October 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
- Chicago - Hard Habit To Break
- Prince - Purple Rain
- Madonna - Lucky Star
- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band - On The Dark Side
- Prince - Let's Go Crazy
- I'm So Excited '84 - Pointer Sisters
- Rod Stewart - Some Guys Have All The Luck
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?