Monday 23 October 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Stuart and Sara Rubin.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Look Who's Talking, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Clear And Present Danger by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Around the World in 80 Days.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing After The War or Chip's Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1989 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Christopher Stuart: American infant, the victim of a tragedy as his dad killed his mom.
- Sara Rubin: YouTube Star.
- Viktor Agardius: Swedish footballer.
- Anisya Kirdyapkina: Russian race walker.
- Armida : Mexican-American stage, vaudeville and film star (d. 1989).
- George Harrison releases Best of Dark Horse 1976-89 album
- Hungary proclaims itself a Republic and declares communist rule ended
- Phillips Disaster in Pasadena, Texas kills 23 and injures 314 others.
- US 62nd manned space mission STS 34 (Atlantis 5) returns from space.
- The Hungarian Republic is officially declared by president Matyas Szuros, replacing the communist Hungarian People's Republic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 October 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl
- Aerosmith - Love In An Elevator
- Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- Young M.C. - Bust A Move
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?