Friday 23 October 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to 3 by Britney Spears.
Nathan der Weise, directed by Manfred Noa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 23 October 2009 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 October
- At the end of their three-week synod in the Vatican, more than 200 African Roman Catholic bishops issue a 12-page document urging what they call corrupt political leaders on the continent to repent their sins or resign and criticising multinational companies who exploit and destroy the earth. (CBC)
- Bernard Fellay, Superior General of the Society of St. Pius X, says that the Vatican is considering the possibility of converting the Lefebvrist group into a personal prelature. (Pakistan Christian TV)
- A universal mobile phone charger that works with any handset is approved by the International Telecommunication Union. (BBC)
- Jean Todt defeats Ari Vatanen in an election to become the new head of the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile, replacing former head Max Mosley, who held the position for 16 years. (BBC)
- The UK GDP contracts by 0.4% between July and September, meaning that the United Kingdom has been contracting for 6 successive quarters for the first time since records were kept in 1955. (RTÉ)
- The Swiss Government says that the United States has formally requested the extradition of film director Roman Polanski for having unlawful sex with an underage girl in 1977. (Yahoo)
- A huge explosion rips through an upmarket area of Peshawar in Pakistan. Yahoo News)
- A huge explosion occurs at an oil refinery in Cataño, Puerto Rico. (Reuters)
- Vitit Muntarbhorn, United Nations Special Rapporteur for North Korea, says the country should improve its ampquotabysmalampquot rights record, adding it should provide food to over 8 million citizens. (BBC)
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) launches its first human rights body, the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR). (Associated Press)
- A white Kenyan, Thomas P. G. Cholmondeley, is released after five months of an eight month prison sentence for manslaughter. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?