Sunday 23 October 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kane Atwood .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
In Time, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Void.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bang Bang Racing or CityVille Hometown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 23 October 2011 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- A magnitude 7.2 Msubw/sub earthquake jolted eastern Turkey near the city of Van, killing 604 people, and damaging about 2,200 buildings.
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Autopsy results reveal that former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi was killed by a gunshot to the head. (CNN)
- Voters in Tunisia go to the polls for the first election since the Tunisian Revolution. (Xinhua)
- Voters in Bulgaria go to the polls for a presidential election. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Voters in Argentina go to the polls for a general election, with exit polls showing the President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner being reelected in a landslide. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- Voters in Switzerland go to the polls for a federal election, with the Green Liberal Party of Switzerland gaining the most seats compared to the 2007 election, and the Swiss People's Party losing eight seats but remaining the biggest party in Federal Assembly. (''The Guardian'')
- 24-year-old Italian motorcycle racer Marco Simoncelli dies after crashing and being hit by two other riders at the Malaysian MotoGP, leading to the cancellation of the race. (''The Australian'')
- In horseracing, Orfevre becomes the seventh Japanese Triple Crown winner, after winning the Kikuka Sho. (''Japan Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?