Sunday 23 September 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Stone .
Soldiers of the Cross, directed by Herbert Booth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1900 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Bill Stone: British serviceman who served during World War I (d. 2009).
- William Marsh Rice: American philanthropist and university founder (Born 1816).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- A Coon Band Contest - Vess Ossman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?