Sunday 23 September 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Soldiers of the Cross, directed by Herbert Booth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1900 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Bill Stone: British serviceman who served during World War I (d. 2009).
- William Marsh Rice: American philanthropist and university founder (Born 1816).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- A Coon Band Contest - Vess Ossman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?