Monday 23 September 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ghulam Mustafa Khan and Henri Ferrari.
La vida de Jose Rizal, directed by Edward M. Gross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1912!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1912 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Ghulam Mustafa Khan: Pakistani researcher, critic and linguist (d. 2005).
- Henri Ferrari: France sport Champion.
- Maurice Brunet: Brest Military man.
- Ghulam Khan: Pakistani linguist author and critic (d. 2005).
- Tony Smith: American sculptor and educator (d. 1980).
- 1st Mack Sennett Keystone Comedy movie released
- Mark Sennet presents 1st Keystone Cops film (Cohen Collects a Debt)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bring Back My Golden Dreams - Peerless Quartet
- That Aeroplane Glide - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?