Monday 23 September 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1946 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Bernard Maris: French economist, writer and journalist who was also a shareholder in Charlie Hebdo magazine.
- Franz Fischler: Austrian politician.
- Genista McIntosh: Baroness McIntosh English politician.
- Davorin Popović: Bosnian singer-songwriter (Indexi).
- Anne Wheeler: Canadian director producer and screenwriter.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 September 1946 and get them!