Tuesday 23 September 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Fun & Fancy Free, directed by Edgar Bergen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1947 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Don Grolnick: Jazz musician.
- Mary Kay Place in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; actress/country singer (Mary Hartman!).
- Christian Escoudé: French jazz guitarist.
- Christian Bordeleau: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Mary Place: American actress singer director and screenwriter.
- Neal Smith: American drummer and songwriter (Plasmatics)
- Nikola Petkov: Leader of Bulgaria Boer party, hanged.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?