Wednesday 23 September 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diane Dixon and Leon Meijs.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Outsiders, directed by JeanLuc Cinéma Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gut gefragt ist halb gewonnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1964 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Diane Dixon: Brooklyn, New York -- 4x400m runner (1988 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Leon Meijs: Soccer player (Willem II).
- Josefa Idem: German athlete, winner of a gold medal at the Olympic Games in Sydney 2000.
- Sigolène Prébois: French designer, set designer and decorator, who, with business partner Catherine Lévy, since 1992 has run the 'Tsé & Tsé associées' brand and company that designs, manufactures and markets items for the home.
- Bruno Solo: French actor and producer, formerly TV presenter, he created the TV serie "Caméra Café".
- Clayton Blackmore: Welsh footballer and manager
- Koshi Inaba: Japanese singer-songwriter (B'z)
- Larry Krystkowiak: American basketball player and head coach
- Katie Mitchell: English director and producer
- Julian Parkhill: English biologist and academic
- Bill Phillips: American businessman and author
- Fiddler on the Roof with Zero Mostel premieres in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The 4 Seasons - Save It For Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?