Tuesday 23 September 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Cirillo and Patrick Fiori.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
Astérix et Cléopâtre, directed by Ren Goscinny, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Then Came Bronson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1969 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Jeff Cirillo: Pasadena, California -- Infielder (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Patrick Fiori: Born to an Armenian, Jacques Chouchayan, and a Corsican, Marie-Antoinette Fiori, he began to sing very early.
- Sylvia Seidel: German dancer and actress, known first for her role in the TV series.
- Michelle Thomas: American actress (Born 1968).
- Donald Audette: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Tapio Laukkanen: Finnish race car driver
- Rod Pampling: Australian golfer
- Jan Suchopárek: Czech footballer and manager
- 1st broadcast of Marcus Welby MD on ABC-TV
- Northern Star starts rumor that Paul McCartney is dead
- ''Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid'' directed by George Roy Hill and starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford opens to limited release in the U.S.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Oliver - Jean
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Dells - Oh, What A Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?