Wednesday 23 September 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georgios Koltsidas and Brian Wells.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tora! Tora! Tora!, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Menace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1970 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Georgios Koltsidas: Greek footballer.
- Brian Wells: Carmel, California -- Pairs skater (with Lyons - 1995 Midwest Champ).
- Adrian Brunker: Australian rugby player.
- Lucia Cifarelli: American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (KMFDM MDFMK KGC Schwein and Drill).
- Ani DiFranco: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Giorgos Koltsidas: Greek footballer
- Bourvil : French actor and singer best known for his roles in comedy films, most notably in his collaboration with Louis de Funès in the films Le Corniaud (1965) and La Grande Vadrouille (1966).
- Abdul Razak bin Hussain becomes Premier of Malaysia
- Gary Muhrcke wins 1st New York Marathon
- Thomas Wolfe, director of the Office of Domestic Gold and Silver Operations, announces to the American Metal Market Forum in New York City that Treasury withdrew and melted 200 million ounces of silver dimes and quarters from circulation since July 1967.
- The first women's only tennis tournament begins in Houston, known as the Houston Women's Invitation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 September 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Dawn - Candida
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?