Saturday 23 September 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ana Marie Cox and Karl Pilkington.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Algebra um acht.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1972 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Ana Marie Cox: American blogger and author.
- Karl Pilkington: British radio personality.
- Jermaine Dupri: American music producer and rapper.
- Sarah Bettens: Belgian singer-songwriter and guitarist (K's Choice).
- Alistair Campbell: Zimbabwean cricketer.
- Carl Frank: Actor (Uncle Gunnar-Mama), dies at 63.
- Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos announces over television and radio the implementation of martial law.
- President Marcos ends emergency crisis in Philippines
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Elton John - Honky Cat
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?