Tuesday 23 September 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hooligan and Syu .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Stardust Memories, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yes You Can.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Conflict or Lords of Karma.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1980 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Hooligan : Maltese rapper.
- Syu : Japanese guitarist and songwriter (Galneryus and Animetal).
- Cameron Litvack: American screenwriter and producer.
- Matt White: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad opens
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Larry Graham - One In A Million You
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?