Wednesday 23 September 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sean McEnroe and Trinidad James.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Didn't We Almost Have It All by Whitney Houston.
In UK Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley was in the top 5 hits.
The Princess Bride, directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Star Trek: The Next Generation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Captain Silver or Fantasy Zone: The Maze.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1987!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1987 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Sean McEnroe: American noted family, the second-born son to tennis star John McEnroe and his wife, actress Tatum O'Neal.
- Trinidad James: Rapper.
- Skylar Astin: Movie Actor.
- Alysha Nett: Model.
- Vincent Marcus: Vine Star.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Lost In Emotion
- ABC - When Smokey Sings
- Europe - Carrie
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Grateful Dead - Touch Of Grey
- Prince - U Got The Look
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?