Thursday 23 September 1993
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zach Tyler Eisen and Sophie Borja.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Dreamlover by Mariah Carey.
In UK Mr Vain by Culture Beat was in the top 5 hits.
A Bronx Tale, directed by Robert De Niro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cracker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Eagle Eye Mysteries or El-Fish.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1993!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1993 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Zach Tyler Eisen: American actor.
- Sophie Borja: Welsh actress.
- Zach Eisen: Voice Actor.
- Dante D'Angelo: YouTube Star.
- Johnson: American football player.
- William Cort: Actor / producer (Ghost, Dear Heart), dies of cancer at 53.
- Les Miserables, opens at Playhouse, Edinburgh
- The International Olympic Committee selects Sydney, Australia to host the 2000 Summer Olympics.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 September 1993
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?