Saturday 23 September 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Fountain, directed by Darren Aronofsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while 6 Rainier Drive by Debbie Macomber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 23 September 2006 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 September
- Ali Abdullah Saleh, in office since 1978, is re-elected as President of Yemen with 77.2% of the votes, prompting allegations of electoral fraud from the Yemeni opposition coalition. (BBC)
- In an interview with ''Fox News Sunday'', to be aired on September 24, Former U.S. President Bill Clinton says, ampquotAt least I tried. That's the difference in me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now,ampquot responding to those who criticize him for the September 11th terrorist attacks, ampquotThey had eight months to try, they did not try. I tried. So I tried and failed.ampquot (Reuters)
- French authorities are investigating reports that Osama bin Laden has died of typhoid after a leaked French secret service report. ''Time'' magazine also cites an unknown Saudi Arabian source that Bin Laden had a waterborne disease and may be dead. However, French and U.S. authorities are unable to confirm these reports. (Reuters)
- Iraq insurgency:
- A car bomb attack on a fuel station in the Sadr City district of Baghdad, Iraq, kills at least 26 people. Many others are injured. (BBC)
- Iraq's Interior Ministry announces they have arrested one of the leaders of Islamist militant group Ansar al-Sunna. (CNN)
- Japan's Solar-B mission is launched from the Uchinoura Space Center. With its successful launch, it is rechristened ampquotHinodeampquot. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?