Tuesday 23 September 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to So What by Pink.
Martyrs, directed by Pascal Laugier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 23 September 2008 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 September
- Kauhajoki school shooting: Matti Saari kills 10 people before committing suicide.
- Pakistani soldiers and tribesmen reportedly shoot down a suspected U.S. military drone near the village of Jalal Khel in South Waziristan. The report comes a day after intelligence officers said two United States helicopters crossed a mile into Pakistan over North Waziristan, but flew off after Pakistani troops and tribesmen opened fire. (AP via Google News)
- Government officials say that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into possible fraud for mortgage financing companies Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, and insurer American International Group. (AP via CNNMoney)
- The Large Hadron Collider near Geneva is shut down until the northern spring while engineers probe magnet failures. (BBC News)
- Japanese investment bank Nomura Holdings acquires the European, Asian and Middle Eastern equities and investment banking operations of Lehman Brothers. (MarketWatch)
- Sweden's National Television issues a public apology for a ampquotmisleadingampquot report on comments made by foreign minister Carl Bildt about Sweden's intelligence services. (''The Local'')
- Colin Barnett is sworn in as the 29th Premier of Western Australia. (''The West Australian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?